My sweet, sweet boy. You feel things so deeply and you love so well. You are strong, courageous and loyal. Your names mean protector, gift of God, blessed. You are a fierce protector of your sisters, both big and small, your family and your friends. You truly are our gift from God and a great joy to Daddy and I. YOU have blessed US every day of the last nine years by just "being."
You came in to this world in such a rush, we barely made it to the hospital! I was pushing and begging Daddy to pull over during the last fifteen minutes of our hour long drive. Can you imagine what would have happened if he had caved and listened to me? You may have been known as "The Jack in the Box baby." I didn't believe I could be in labor when I woke just before 0330. So intense were the contractions that I thought I must have severe food poisoning because there was no way you could come so fast. It took Daddy an hour to convince me we HAD to go to the hospital. He marched me out to the car, stopping every few feet to have an increasingly intense contraction. An hour in the car while contracting every 2 minutes is not something I ever wanted to do again! When I WALKED in to the hospital, pushing, the staff assembled at lightning speed and you were born mere minutes later, at 0534.
At three weeks shy of your due date, you were born weighing in at 8.5 pounds and measuring 20.5 inches. You had Sweetie's dimples, Papa's eyes and you stole all our hearts.
As you turn nine and begin your tenth year of life, I pray you always continue to look to God in both good and bad times, allowing Him to continue to guide your journey through life. I pray your heart stays tender and your compassion for others stays strong. I hope you continue to let me hug and kiss you while telling you "I love you" in front of your friends without being embarrassed. I love that you still curl up in my lap and snuggle into my arms even though you rest just under my chin. I love that when Daddy is gone and I have a bad dream, you'll come snuggle and protect me. I can't wait to watch you grow into an amazing, honest young man and eventually a grown man. But for now I'm happy that I can still call you my little boy.
Happy Birthday, Son. You bring me great joy and I am so grateful that God gifted you to us earth-side nine years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment