Friday, October 16, 2015

The Book of Sarah

The following conversation took place in September of 2014:

Alyssa "Chapter 16: Denial."
Me "Is this a book about menopause?"
Alyssa "No.  I'm writing a book about Sarah.  It is called 'How to Sarah.  By, Alyssa." 

This was our masterpiece:

Chapter One: That's Great!"
Two: Wanting to Stab People 
Three: pretending to Be Interested Four: Procrastination 
Five: Saying "Forget This!" 
Six: Fan "Girl-ing" 
Seven: Also, Fan Girl-ing.  (It requires two chapters.)  
Eight: Never Sleeping 
Nine: "Good for You!" 
Ten: Stealing People's Good Blankets 
Eleven: Take Money When Offered Twelve: Not Taking Money When Offered 
Thirteen: Realizing Alyssa is the Teal Princess 
Fourteen: Telling Everyone Your Name Means Princess 
Fifteen: Being Proud But Not Proud at All 
Sixteen: Denial 
Seventeen: Pretending 
Eighteen: Fake Smile
Nineteen: PMS
Twenty: Dr. Pepper
Twenty One: "Whatever"
Twenty Two: "K"  The Art of Letter Word Text Response
Twenty Three: "Come On, Small Child"
Twenty Four: "I Can call you Cute if I Want To."
Twenty Five: Converse and Combat Boots"
Twenty Six: FOOD

It's going to be a trilogy I probably won't actually write."

No comments:

Post a Comment