So, the other night when we had this conversation, I laughed so hard I cried. She came home (5 DAYS late I might add) and we were talking about her visit with her Nana in San Jose. Nana just happens to be a very calm, very soft spoken amazing woman who has a huge heart and is who I picture when I imagine a wholesome church lady.
Here is our conversation (I edited some out but kept the good parts!):
Me- "How was your visit with Nana? Is she all settled in her new condo? Do you like it? How is the family handling her moving out of Granny's place?"
Sarah- "It was good! I didn't think I would like it as much as I do but it is SO nice, Mommy. They are really stressing her out. I've never heard her swear so much. I've never heard he swear. She said s-h-i-t and she called some guy who cut us off a dip s-h-i-t." At this point I was really trying not to giggle out of control because if you know Mary, you know this is all very out of character. "She called some guy a d-o-s-h bag? I don't know what that is but I'm sure it's not good. She didn't sound happy when she said that!"
Me- "A DOUCHE bag?!"
Sarah- "YEAH! What is that anyway?!"
Me- "Something you never repeat again!"
So, I called Nana and proceeded to tell her this story. You could hear her blushing through the phone. She admitted that, yes, she is stressed and she said a few things out of character for her but that she NEVER would have said that word and it sounds like something her father would say.
I concur.
It does sound like something her father would say. But since she has two fathers, let me just clarify that the father that is guilty of this happens to be Rich.
Rich, be careful when calling someone a d-o-s-h bag. You never know who is listening. However, I have not laughed that hard in a long time. So for the sake of an argument I am just going to say that this ONE time, I am happy you did put that d-o-s-h bag in his place.
No comments:
Post a Comment